When we got back we showered and I hurried to the dining area with my phone. I face timed Christian and told him more about the trip. He filled me in on happenings at home including Josh's trip to the Emergency room on Monday ( he's fine). While we were on the phone, Christian's parents arrived with Zach and Nick returning from their week in Buffalo and I got to talk to them for a bit. It was really really good to see them and I'm starting to miss them more. How can I ever put into words what has happened here this week? Mom got on the phone and I told her about my amazing gathering with the midwives, and then soon it was time for dinner.
We had another great meal and our evening devotional of prayers and a debriefing of sorts of specific cases and happenings of the day. We all spoke on our experience thus far and the responses were deeper and more heartfelt than at the beginning of the week. Lives were being affected both ours and the Myans - and I'm not sure who is benefiting more.
No comments:
Post a Comment