I missed my time for showering but that excursion was worth it. In 6 minutes I washed my face changed out of my scrubs and into something more presentable, redid my ponytail and put on some lipstick. Done. And I was on time.
Fundinor gave a brief but detailed presentation on who they were, what their scope was and which 13 communities they service. I learned much more about them this evening. No one - I think there are 6 or 7 of them- keeps their salary- they all work jobs to sustain their families, but spend another nearly full time or more on the work at hand. It's because they believe in what they do. They do not hand out assistance- they go in and empower communities to help themselves. Their budget is tight and money is very well spent and purposeful. We are the only medical team they work with and therefore the only health care many of these people receive.
Williams and his team presented each of us with a bag with our names embroidered on it and it was a very special evening.
There was a group of 10 young people who danced for us and they were fantastic. We said our goodbyes to Fundinor folks and we were off to dinner
We had a late but wonderful dinner of steak, potatoes and beans. Devotional followed and we gave Gustavo and his family gifts from our group.
We sorted and inventoried our leftover medication and supplies and repacked them for Williams to be used in the communities.
Another very full day. And my heart is happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment