Monday, April 3, 2017

Saturday evening

Dinner Saturday night was at Las Palmas just off the main square. On the walk there we saw one of the Holy Week floats being carried around the square by a large group of people in long robes while a band played behind it. We didn't stop for long- our group has been very good at being punctual even though there were 23 of us. They assured me there would be more to see tomorrow.
We sat at a long table in a long dimly lit room. I ordered a Moza which has been my favorite beer while I've been here. One an evening has been a calming reward for an honest days work this week. 
Dinner was coffee crusted filet minon with butter and crushed coffee beans on top, salad, and rice. Wow.
 We have really bonded as a group this week. There has been no snide comments or negative feelings- though we all come from different stages of life, socioeconomic status and religious affiliations. We worked and played well as a group truly focused on our common purpose. The rest of it never really mattered as it shouldn't. 
Nightly devotions and sharing of the days events continue to be increasingly rich and introspective. I sat up in the courtyard and it was peaceful and quiet- It really is so beautiful here. I guess everyone goes to bed earlier than I do. I talked  to Christian and Josh via FaceTime- both were brief as the connection was spotty and then we were disconnected. 
I spent several more minutes trying to burn this memory into my brain before I headed back to my room. I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment